Overview of Notification Settings
In recent times we've introduced more functionality related to the notification settings in your Mission Control Portal. Typically, this section is only configurable by account organization owners.
Below will detail each section of the Notification Settings and how you can set it up.
Coming soon! This walk-through will demonstrate setting up your Telnyx Mission Control Portal Notification Settings.
Configuring Notification Settings
The Notifications Settings can be found under My Account, in the top right hand corner of your your Portal in the drop-down menu. The below button will take you straight to notifications either.
Types of Notifications
There are two types of notifications in your Mission Control Portal:
1. Low Balance
- This section is for Low Balance Notifications, where you can choose how often you would like to be reminded about this notification when unresolved, and also when the balance of your account falls below a certain figure of your choice you will be notified. Changes here will be auto-saved and automatic emails are sent to the account owners email address.
2. When a number order completes
- This notification relates to when you have ordered a number through your portal. Whether the the number order is a success, fail or partial-success, you will be notified. We currently only support webhook events for number orders.
Here we will go through step by step how to setup your Notification settings.
1. Notification Profiles
- This is where you define the groups for your notifications and select which profile you want to be notified. In order to create a new profile just click New Profile and enter the name you wish to call the new profile. You can view and manage your Notification Profiles in the drop-down beside new profile.
2. Notification Channels
- Here you can define how you want to be notified either through either SMS, Voice, Email or Webhook. In order to setup a new channel just click New Channel, then select which Notification Profile you want to be notified, how you you want to be notified (SMS, Voice etc.) and to what destination ( DID, example.org etc.). You can view and manage your Notification Channels in the drop-down beside new channels.
3. Notification Settings
- Lastly we have Notification Settings, where you can mange your notifications and select which events you want to be notified about and to which Notifications Profile. In order to create new settings just click on New Settings, where you will select what event you want to be notified about and to which Notifications Profile. You can view and manage your Notification Settings in the drop-down beside new settings.
You can take a sneak peak of what's to come next here.