Managing multiple organizations through the Mission Control Portal and Telnyx API just got a lot easier. We're thrilled to introduce Managed Accounts as a limited-release feature, enabling qualifying users to create sub-accounts with advanced management features.
What is a Managed Account?
A Managed Account is a sub-account created from within an existing Mission Control Portal account (which we call a manager account). Manager accounts have advanced control over pricing, reporting, administration, and billing functionalities of Managed Accounts:
Pricing and Reporting:
- Managed Accounts inherit pricing from their manager accounts. If your organization has a committed use agreement for lower rates, your Managed Accounts will have those rates automatically.
- Pricing is hidden from Managed Accounts. Only the manager accounts that administer Managed Accounts are able to view pricing.
- Managed Accounts can generate reports on their own usage, without viewing their pricing.
- Manager accounts can log into any one of their Managed Accounts via the portal to view that Managed Account's usage and balance, and configure that Managed Account's settings.
- Manager accounts can also create an API key associated with a Managed Account, and control the Managed Account via the Telnyx API.
- Managed Accounts have their own account balances, payment methods, and invoices.
What can I do with Managed Accounts?
Managed Accounts are an intuitive way of administering multiple accounts and users from one unified interface. Managed Service Providers can use Managed Accounts to easily manage each of their individual customers while allowing them the freedom to log into their Managed Account and configure their communications.
How can I get started with Managed Accounts?
Managed Accounts will be rolled out to all Telnyx users in the coming months. To access an early-release preview, reach out to our sales team.
How can I create a Managed Account?
Managed Accounts can be created using this API request (API v2 only), or from within the portal under the Managed Accounts Section. When an account is created using the API, you can specify a custom email address and password for that account to log-in with. If an account is created using the portal, a temporary email address will be provided, and that user will not be able to log-in until a password change is made from the General settings of the account.
How can I enable/disable a Managed Account?
How can I change the email of a Managed Account?
The email for a managed account can be changed in the portal, under the General settings. This can be changed by the account manager, or user of the account.
To learn more about Managed Accounts, jump over to our Developer Center.