Vodia PBX is designed with flexibility and convenience in mind. It offers both CPE as well as hosted deployments. This flexibility and convenience can be seen in the platform as well as in the phones and the SIP trunks. This IP-PBX can run on any major platform Windows, Linux or MAC OS. Vodia support all SIP phones out there with automatic provisioning for the mainstream phones like Polycom, Snom, Cisco, Grandstream, Yealink and more.
You'll need to have created a credentials based connection on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This provides you with the username and password you will use to register your Vodia PBX with Telnyx.
You can download and test vodia for free from here.
Instructions for installation on each platform can be found here.
Coming soon! This walkthrough will demonstrate setting up a credentials based connection with Vodia. We'll also show you how to assign this connection to a newly purchased DID which will allow you to receive inbound calls. Then we'll walk you through how to assign the connection to an outbound profile such that you can make outbound calls from your Vodia PBX!
CONFIGURING YOUR TELNYX MISSION CONTROL PORTAL
Step by Step Guide
For step by step instructions on each of the requirements on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal, please follow this guide.
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup Vodia following the guide below.
Purchasing a number
- Visit the NUMBERS page via the navigation on the left-hand side
- Select the SEARCH NUMBER tab
- Select your search type: (NPA-NXX, Region, Toll-Free or Advanced)
- Input your search criteria and click SEARCH
- The result will display below
- Click "+ADD to CART" to select the number(s) you'd like to purchase
- Click on the Shopping Cart to view your selected numbers and check out
- Once purchased, your number will be visible on the "My Numbers" tab within the NUMBERS page
Setup Up You Connection
- Visit the CONNECTIONS page via the navigation menu on the left-hand side
- Click the "ADD CONNECTION" button (located toward the top right corner
- Input a name for the connection
- Select "Credential" for your authentication Method and input a Username and Password of your choosing and is secure.
- Click the "CREATE" button to finish creation your connection
Note: You can also set up the connection with the external IP address of your Vodia PBX or the FQDN.
Provision your Number: (Assign to a connection)
- Go back to the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left-hand side
- Select the MY NUMBERS tab (This may have defaulted to this already)
- Click the "Select Connection" drop-down next to your number. You should see the connection you just created -select it
- Your number is now all set on the Telenyx user portal
Create an Outbound Profile
- Visit the OUTBOUND section via the navigation menu on the left-hand side
- Click the "+ ADD OUTBOUND PROFILE" button (located towards the top right corner)
- Select the connection you created via the "Select Connection" drop -down
- Choose the "Traffic Type and "Service Plan" that meets your needs.
- Click "ADD"
- You are no setup for outbound calling.
Configuring Vodia PBX User-Pass Authentication
Step by Step Guide
In your, Vodia PBX navigate to your Domain, and on the left-hand side choose TRUNKS ---> VoIP Providers
Click on add and choose Telnyx trunk, and enter the user and password you've created in your Telnyx account
Click on create
The Vodia PBX has the Telnyx template built in, so there's no need to enter the SIP outbound proxy and trunk headers configuration. Vodia automatically creates a dial plan for the domain so there's no need to create a dial plan unless you wanted to edit it.
Routing incoming calls
Navigate to your registered Telynx trunk, and scroll down to set the incoming call under "Routing/Redirection"
Vodia supports the following inbound methods.
- Send all to the destination request URL
- Send all calls to a specific account
- Send to a 10 Digit DID
- Match extension after a prefix
- Use a list of expression
For this exercise, we are going choose "Send all calls to a specific account" When you call into the system all calls will go the specified extension.
If you have multiple Telnyx phone numbers you would like to route into the Vodia PBX, you can follow these steps:
Navigate to DID management in admin mode
The DID management will help you configure multiple DIDs by assigning them to specific extensions the system.
Navigate to your Telnyx trunk from your Vodia PBX system and scroll down to "Routing/Redirection" and choose "Send all to the destination request URL"
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of Zoiper 5 and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as the SIP provider.
Review our getting started with guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly!
Checkout Vodia's technical documentation for extra support!
Can't find what you're looking for?
Our knowledge base is currently undergoing a makeover which will include more up to date videos to match our ever growing platform!
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the chat bubble at your lower right hand corner and start a chat!