Step-by-Step Guide to TLNX SMS
Configuring your Telnyx account with Textable is pretty simple and should only take a few minutes.
- Go to https://textable.app/signup to sign up.
- Enter an e-mail address and password. Click Next.
- Select “Telnyx V2” as the provider.
- Set Phone Number (DID) field to the number that exists in your Telnyx account and you want to use to send / receive messages with Textable.
- Leave Account ID field empty. We do not use this for Telnyx accounts.
- Complete account setup by Configuring Telnyx and copying needed data from those steps.
- First, you should login in a new tab (so you can easily copy / paste into the previous form on Textable Signup) to your console at https://portal.telnyx.com/.
- Once logged in, go to your Messaging page at https://portal.telnyx.com/#/app/messaging.
- Here, you will need to create a Messaging Profile
- Click “Add Messaging Profile” button.
- Name it what you’d like, but “Textable” would make sense.
- Click the “Inbound” tab and set the Protocol to HTTP.
- Set the Webhook URL to “https://app01.textable.co/receive?provider=telnyxv2"
For V2: Go to “Auth” from the menu or click https://portal.telnyx.com/#/app/auth/v2
Create an API Key and copy it. You will need to paste this into the Access Token field in Textable.
- Click Next on Textable to complete your account setup.
- We must now configure the Routing settings in Telnyx for your phone number.
- Go to the Numbers section in Telnyx (https://portal.telnyx.com/#/app/numbers/my-numbers)
- Choose the number you would like to use with Textable and click the “Routing” button.
- Under the SMS Messaging Profile section on the Routing tab, choose “Textable” (or whatever you named your messaging profile.)
- Click “Save Changes”
- You can also now download and use the Textable app from App Store (iOS)or Google Play Store (Android)
That’s it, you should be able to send and receive messages!