Step-by-Step Guide to Configuring Textable
Configuring your Telnyx account with Textable is pretty simple and should only take a few minutes.
Go to https://textable.app/signup to sign up.
Enter an e-mail address and password. Click Next.
Select “Telnyx V2” as the provider.
Set Phone Number (DID) field to the number that exists in your Telnyx account and you want to use to send / receive messages with Textable.
Leave Account ID field empty. We do not use this for Telnyx accounts.
Complete account setup by Configuring Telnyx and copying needed data from those steps.
First, you should login in a new tab (so you can easily copy / paste into the previous form on Textable Signup) to your console at https://portal.telnyx.com/.
Once logged in, go to your Messaging page at https://portal.telnyx.com/#/app/messaging.
Here, you will need to create a Messaging Profile
- Click “Add Messaging Profile” button.
- Name it what you’d like, but “Textable” would make sense.
- Click the “Inbound” tab and set the Protocol to HTTP.
- Set the Webhook URL to “https://app01.textable.co/receive?provider=telnyxv2"
For V2: Go to “Auth” from the menu or click https://portal.telnyx.com/#/app/auth/v2
Create an API Key and copy it. You will need to paste this into the Access Token field in Textable.
Click Next on Textable to complete your account setup.
We must now configure the Routing settings in Telnyx for your phone number.
- Go to the Numbers section in Telnyx (https://portal.telnyx.com/#/app/numbers/my-numbers)
- Choose the number you would like to use with Textable and click the “Routing” button.
- Under the SMS Messaging Profile section on the Routing tab, choose “Textable” (or whatever you named your messaging profile.)
- Click “Save Changes”
That’s it, you should be able to send and receive messages!