Grandstream has been connecting the world since 2002 with SIP Unified Communications solutions that serve the small and medium business and enterprises markets and have been recognized throughout the world for their quality, reliability and innovation. Their open standard SIP-based products offer broad interoperability throughout the industry.
This article guides you on how to configure this PBX for making and receiving calls over the internet through a next generation carrier like Telnyx!
You'll need to have created a credentials connection on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive calls.
Grandstream’s firmware updates are available to download from here.
UCM6200 series: here
UCM6510 series: here
Video Walkthrough to Configuring Grandstream PBX
Coming soon! This walkthrough will demonstrate setting up an IP based connection with Grandstream. We'll also show you how to assign this connection to a newly purchased DID which will allow you to receive inbound calls. Then we'll walk you through how to assign the connection to an outbound profile such that you can make outbound calls!
Step by Step Guide to Configuring Grandstream PBX
CONFIGURING YOUR TELNYX MISSION CONTROL PORTAL
- Visit the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left-hand side.
- Select the SEARCH NUMBERS tab.
- Select your search type: (NPA-NXX, Region, Toll Free or Advanced).
- Input your search criteria and click SEARCH.
- Results will display below.
- Click "+ ADD TO CART" to select the number(s) you'd like to purchase.
- Click on the Shopping Cart to view your selected numbers and check out.
- Once purchased, your numbers will be visible on the "My Numbers" tab within the NUMBERS page.
- Visit the CONNECTIONS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side.
- Click the "ADD CONNECTION" button (located towards the top right corner).
- Input a name for the connection.
- Select "IP Address" for your Authentication Method and input the IP Address of your Grandstream instance.
- Click the "CREATE" button to finish creating your connection.
Provision Your Number: (assign to a connection)
- Go back to the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side.
- Select the MY NUMBERS tab (you may have defaulted to this already).
- Click the "Select Connection" drop-down next to your number. You should see the connection you just created - select it.
- Your number is now all set on the portal.
- Visit the OUTBOUND section via the navigation menu on the left hand side.
- Click the "+ ADD OUTBOUND PROFILE" button (located towards the top right corner).
- Select the connection you created via the "Select Connection" drop-down.
- Choose the "Traffic Type" and "Service Plan" that meets your needs.
- Click "ADD".
- You are now setup for outbound calling on the portal.
You are now all set on the Mission Control Portal side and are ready to configure your Telnyx trunk within your Grandstream system.
CONFIGURING YOUR GRANDSTREAM
Create Telnyx SIP Trunk
- Navigate to Extension/Trunk that will drop down and click VoIP Trunks.
- Click Add SIP trunk and fill in the required information
- Type: Register SIP Trunk
- Provider Name: Telnyx
- Select host Name: 126.96.36.199
- Connection’s username
- Connection’s password
- Save the changes
Create Inbound Route
Navigate to Inbound Routes within Extensions/Trunks.
Select the trunk and then click add on the left hand side of the screen underneath inbound routes.
Enter in the patterns which apply to this inbound rule. This is a good article to understand how to correctly format the pattern. https://www.voip-info.org/asterisk-dialplan-patterns/
In default mode select your default destination as Extension.
After you have entered the new inbound route then click save in the top right hand side of the screen.
Create Outbound Route
Navigate to the outbound routes shown below.
Name the calling rule name to something of your choice and add the number pattern.
Set your privilege level to match the service plan in the outbound settings on your Telnyx portal.
Select your trunk in the use trunk section
After completing the configuration, press on "save". You should be all set.
Go ahead and make some test calls!
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of Grandstream and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as your SIP provider!
Review our getting started with guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly!
Checkout Grandstream’s help section for extra support!
Can't find what you're looking for?
Our knowledge base is currently undergoing a makeover which will include more up to date videos to match our ever growing platform!
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the chat bubble at your lower right hand corner and start a chat!