CONFIGURING YOUR ACCOUNT ON THE TELNYX MISSION CONTROL PORTAL
Purchase a Number:
- Visit the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Select the SEARCH NUMBERS tab
- Select your search type: (NPA-NXX, Region, Toll Free or Advanced)
- Input your search criteria and click SEARCH
- Results will display below
- Click "+ ADD TO CART" to select the number(s) you'd like to purchase
- Click on the Shopping Cart to view your selected numbers and check out
- Once purchased, your numbers will be visible on the "My Numbers" tab within the NUMBERS page
Set Up Your Connection:
- Visit the CONNECTIONS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Click the "ADD CONNECTION" button (located towards the top right corner)
- Input a name for the connection
- Select IP Address for your connection type and enter in the IP you are using for this connection.
- Click the "CREATE" button to finish creating your connection
Provision Your Number: (assign to a connection)
- Go back to the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Select the MY NUMBERS tab (you may have defaulted to this already)
- Click the "Select Connection" drop-down next to your number. You should see the connection you just created - select it.
- Your number is now all set on the portal
Create an Outbound Profile:
- Visit the OUTBOUND section via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Click the "+ ADD OUTBOUND PROFILE" button (located towards the top right corner)
- Select the connection you created via the "Select Connection" drop-down
- Choose the "Traffic Type" and "Service Plan" that meets your needs.
- Click "ADD"
- You are now setup for outbound calling on the portal
Setting up a Grandstream IP PBX
Make sure you have all your required wires and cords.
Plug the Adapter to a power socket and connect one Patch cord from the router to the PBX WAN port which is situated at the back of the PBX. PBX default network settings is DHCP. The PBX IP will get this from the router.
Once you have everything connected and the PBX is displaying an IP, proceed to opening up a web browser and entering the PBX’s Ip Address
CONFIGURING YOUR Grand-stream User-Pass Authentication
Confirm Your Network Settings:
- "Ports" Tab: make sure your "SIP Port" is set to 5060
- "Public IP" Tab: double check your Public IP is correct and that you have selected the proper Network card Interface
Create Telnyx SIP Trunk:
- Navigate to Extension/Trunk that will drop down and click VoIP Trunks.
2. Click create new voip trunk.
Edit the new Voip trunk
3. Select provider name
4. Select host Name: 188.8.131.52
5. transport: UDP
7. After you have these details inserted, click on OK.
Create Inbound Rule
Create a rule for inbound calls. Navigate to Inbound Routes within Extensions/Trunks.
- Select Trunk.
- The click add on the left hand side of the screen underneath inbound routes.
- Enter in the patterns which apply to this inbound rule. This is a good article to understand how to correctly format the pattern. https://www.voip-info.org/asterisk-dialplan-patterns/
- In default mode select your default destination as Extension.
- After you have entered the new inbound rules then click save in the top right hand side of the screen.
Create Outbound Rules.
- Navigate to the outbound routes shown below.
- Name the calling rule name to something of your choice.
2. Enter the number pattern.
3. Set your privilege level to match the service plan in the outbound settings on your Telnyx portal.
4. Select your trunk in the use trunk section.
After completing the configuration, press on "save". You should be all set.
Go ahead and make some test calls!
Be sure to test inbound calls to the number you purchased via Mission Control