SMS Guidelines for Australia
Dial code: 61
There are strict measures in place to help combat spam. As such all commercial traffic should be compliant according to the Australian Spam Act 2003.
Mandatory registration of Alphanumeric Sender IDs has been implemented by the Australia Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), this, as part of a recent update on their SPAM Act.
Effective May 8th, 2023, all messages sent with non-registered Alphanumeric Sender IDs will be blocked.
Information on Alphanumeric Sender ID registration:
- Please complete the attached form and return to email@example.com, along with a copy of your Business Registration.
- Companies must have a valid business case for the requested Alphanumeric Sender ID. If the relationship between your company/brand and the requested Alphanumeric Sender ID is not clear, please provide additional supporting documentation detailing your business case.
- In case that the registration is being made on behalf of a customer, a signed LOA (letter of Authorisation) needs to be provided to confirm the legitimacy of the request.
- Consent (Proof for Opt-in) should be obtained before sending any communications, i.e. Marketing SMS
- Traffic should include clear Opt-Out options.
Please make sure to always refer to our Acceptable Use Policy for Messaging.
For more information on Alpha Sender ID registration kindly reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.