How to configure Linphone with Telnyx Mission Control Portal
In this article we will show you how to set up a number and connection on the Telnyx Mission control Portal and get it set up with the Linphone soft phone.
If you have already set up your number and connection on the Portal you can skip to the Linphone setup below.
Purchase a Number:
1. Visit the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
2. Select the SEARCH NUMBERS tab
3. Select your search type: (NPA-NXX, Region, Toll Free or Advanced)
4. Input your search criteria and click SEARCH
5. Results will display below
6. Click "+ ADD TO CART" to select the number(s) you'd like to purchase
7. Click on the Shopping Cart to view your selected numbers and check out
8. Once purchased, your numbers will be visible on the "My Numbers" tab within the NUMBERS page
Set Up Your Connection:
1. Visit the CONNECTIONS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
2. Click the "ADD CONNECTION" button (located towards the top right corner)
3. Input a name for the connection
4. Select "User/Pass" for your Authentication Method and input a Username and Password of your choosing.
1. We recommend using a random password generator to ensure your password is sufficiently complex
5. Click the "CREATE" button to finish creating your connection
Provision Your Number: (assign to a connection)
1. Go back to the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
2. Select the MY NUMBERS tab (you may have defaulted to this already)
3. Click the "Select Connection" drop-down next to your number. You should see the connection you just created - select it.
4. Your number is now all set on the portal
Create an Outbound Profile:
1. Visit the OUTBOUND section via the navigation menu on the left hand side
2. Click the "+ ADD OUTBOUND PROFILE" button (located towards the top right corner)
3. Select the connection you created via the "Select Connection" drop-down
4. Choose the "Traffic Type" and "Service Plan" that meets your needs.
5. Click "ADD"
6. You are now setup for outbound calling on the portal
You are now all set on the Mission Control portal side and are ready to configure your Telnyx trunk within your Linphone soft phone.
1: Run the setup wizard when the application starts up or you can run it manually by “Options > Preferences/Settings > Manage Sip Accounts > + Wizard”
2: Select “I have a sip account and I just want to use it”
3: Fill in the following for the fields:
Username: [The Auth username for the connection in the Portal]
Password: [The Auth password for the connection in the Portal]
4: Hit Apply
5: Go back to the main window and select the new connection from the “My current identity” box.
You are now set up and ready to make calls!
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the chat bubble at your lower right hand corner and start a chat!