This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide for configuring your 3CX phone system with Telnyx phone service using Registration (user/pass).
Here is the article for the Old 3cx version for User/Pass Authentication Here.
The first thing we need to do is get you setup on the portal.
CONFIGURING YOUR ACCOUNT ON THE TELNYX MISSION CONTROL PORTAL
Purchase a Number:
- Visit the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Select the SEARCH NUMBERS tab
- Select your search type: (NPA-NXX, Region, Toll Free or Advanced)
- Input your search criteria and click SEARCH
- Results will display below
- Click "+ ADD TO CART" to select the number(s) you'd like to purchase
- Click on the Shopping Cart to view your selected numbers and check out
- Once purchased, your numbers will be visible on the "My Numbers" tab within the NUMBERS page
Set Up Your Connection:
- Visit the CONNECTIONS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Click the "ADD CONNECTION" button (located towards the top right corner)
- Input a name for the connection
- Select "User/Pass" for your Authentication Method and input a Username and Password of your choosing.We recommend using a random password generator to ensure your password is sufficiently complex
- Click the "CREATE" button to finish creating your connection
Provision Your Number: (assign to a connection)
- Go back to the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Select the MY NUMBERS tab (you may have defaulted to this already)
- Click the "Select Connection" drop-down next to your number. You should see the connection you just created - select it.
- Your number is now all set on the portal
Create an Outbound Profile:
- Visit the OUTBOUND section via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Click the "+ ADD OUTBOUND PROFILE" button (located towards the top right corner)
- Select the connection you created via the "Select Connection" drop-down
- Choose the "Traffic Type" and "Service Plan" that meets your needs.
- Click "ADD"
- You are now setup for outbound calling on the portal
You are now all set on the Mission Control portal side and are ready to configure your Telnyx trunk within your 3CX system
CONFIGURING YOUR 3CX User-Pass Authentication
Confirm Your Network Settings:
- "Ports" Tab: make sure your "SIP Port" is set to 5060
- "Public IP" Tab: double check your Public IP is correct and that you have selected the proper Network card Interface
Create Telnyx SIP Trunk:
- Click on "SIP Trunks" from the navigation menu on the left.
- Click"+ Add SIP Trunk" near the top of the screen.
- A new pop up will be opened. You need to enter/select all the required details :
Select Country : US
Select Provider in your Country : Telnyx LLC
Main Trunk No : <You need to enter the number which you have purchased on Telnyx portal>
4. After entering the details, Click on OK.
5. This will open the trunk configuration window. Tabs : General, DIDs, Caller ID, Options, Inbound Parameters & Outbound Parameters.
6. In General tab, we have 3 sections : I) Trunk Details ii) Authentication iii) Route calls to.
Trunk Details :
Enter name of Trunk : Telnyx LLC
Registrar/Server/Gateway Hostname or IP : sip-anycast1.telnyx.com port : 5060
Outbound Proxy : <leave empty>
Number of SIM Calls : 10
Type of Authentication : Register/Account based
Authentication ID (aka SIP user ID) : <You need to use the
username from the connection which you have created in the Telnyx portal>
Authentication Password : <You need to use password from the connection which you have created in the Telnyx portal>
Route calls to :
Main Trunk number :<By default number will be shown. You need cross verify with the number which you have purchased on telnyx portal>
Destination forcalls during the office hours : <Based on your requirement>
Destination forcalls outside the office hours : <Based on your requirement>
7. Select the "Outbound Parameters" tab and make the following changes For "Contact : User Part" in the SIP Field column,select "Custom Field" To allow private calling - "From: Display Name" and "From : User Part", select "Custom Field" but leave the Custom values blank.
8. After entering all the details please click on “OK” which is on the top.
If all the fields are entered correctly a registration packet will be sent from your3cx pbx system to Telnyx portal (for that specific connection).
After successfully completing the sip trunk registration, we need to configure Inbound and Outbound Rules.
Inbound Rules :
→Click on"Inbound Rules" from the navigation menu on the left.
→Click on"+Add DID Rule"near the top of the screen.
→There are 2 sections in this : I) General II) Route calls to.
Route calls to :
→Click on"Outbound Rules" from the navigation menu on the left.
→Click on"+Add"near the top of the screen.
→ There are 3 sections in this : I) General II) Apply this rule to these calls
III)Make outbound calls on
RuleName : <Any name>
Apply this rule to these calls
Calls to numbers starting with prefix : <leave empty>
Calls from extension(s) : <You need to give the extension numbers>
NOTE: ‘000’ is the extension I have used as an example.
Calls to Numbers with a length of : <leave empty>
Make outbound calls on
We need to configure routes in this section. Configure up to 3 routes for calls. The second and third route will be used as backup. For each route, digits can be stripped or added. Strip Digits 0 on Route 1 and Strip Digits 1 digit for remaining 2 routes.
After completing the configuration, press on "ok". You should be all set.
Go ahead and make some test calls!
Be sure to test inbound calls to the number you purchased via Mission Control