An Outbound Voice Profile is needed in order to make outbound calls through our network. You'll have to assign a registered Connection to an Outbound Voice Profile in order to make outbound calls. Please note that the default outbound concurrent call limit is set to 10 calls. Contact the support team if you'd like the limit to be increased.
Outbound Voice Profile Creation
Follow these steps to create and assign a Connection to an Outbound Voice Profile on the Outbound Voice Profiles section of your portal account:
- Click the "Add New Profile" button near the top right-hand corner of the Outbound Voice Profiles section
- Select the Traffic Type, Service Plan, and Billing Method you wish to use
- Click "Associate Connections/Apps" on the bottom left of the screen
- Select the Connection(s) you wish to use on this Outbound Voice Profile
- Click "Save" and you are done.
Outbound Features Explained
Customize your outbound profile to your own liking. You can decide on the type of outbound traffic (Conversational or FAX), called destinations (domestic, international or both) or the billing method used for your outbound profiles. You can also assign multiple connections to a single outbound profile. Do note that you can't assign the same connection to multiple outbound profiles.
You have the choice of either "US-48/CAN" or "International+ US-48/CAN"
- US-48/CAN - This service plan includes all of North America except for Hawaii and Alaska. Select "International+ US-48/CAN"as the service plan and whitelist/select "United States of America" in order to terminate calls in all 48 US states. More details on whitelisting countries on the "International+US-48/CAN" service plane is explained below.
- International+ US-48/CAN - This service plan allows you to terminate calls to all states in the U.S. and also internationally if selected. Please note that you can only assign the billing method of "Tariff (Rate Deck)", and your account will require Level 2 Verification for selecting certain countries. More information on account verification can be found here. Follow the steps below to whitelist countries on an international outbound profile:Click the gear icon to the rightClick "Advanced Options"Select the countries you want to whitelist and click "Save Changes"Note: The countries in the "Selected" column of the Advanced Options are the countries that are permitted to be called for any given International Outbound Profile.
The screencast above shows how to whitelist all European and North American countries
You can specify the outbound concurrent call limit for each individual Outbound Voice Profile from the advanced options of a profile. Follow these steps to specify the call limit on an Outbound Voice Profile:
- Click on your Outbound Voice Profile
- Select "Advanced Options" at the bottom of the edit view
- Use the "+" and "-" buttons on the "Channel Limit" field to increase or decrease the limit
- Click "Save"
Details on billing methods can be found here.