The Telnyx Mission Control platform allows you to create Telco Data Profiles that can be used for accessing CNAM, LRN & LERG data via the Telnyx API. Once you've setup your Telco Data Profile, you will be able to authenticate with the Telnyx API via static IP or API Token to access the data as shown in the API documentation.
How to Setup Telco Data Profile:
Step 1: Create an API Token or Static IP Connection
Using API Token for Authentication
- Select the API TOKENS page from the navigation menu
- Click the "+ Add API Token" button near the top right of the screen
- Input a name of your choosing and click "Create"
Using Static IP Authentication
- NOTE: If you've already created a static IP Connection with the IP(s) you'd like to use for authentication you can skip this step and go straight to creating your telco data profile
- Select the CONNECTIONS page from the navigation menu
- Click the "+ Add Connection" button near the top right of the screen
- Input a Connection Name of your choosing
- Select "IP Address" as your Authentication Method
- Add the IP(s) you would like to use for authentication and click "Create"
Step 2: Create a Telco Data Profile
- Select the TELCO DATA page from the navigation menu
- Click "+ Add Data Profile" near the top right of the screen
- Select the Connection you created that has the IP(s) you'd like to use for authentication. NOTE: If you're using API Token authentication, the connection you select will not matter. If you haven't created a connection yet, you can quickly visit the CONNECTIONS page and create a user/pass connection.
- Select your Authentication Method. If you select IP Address, the IP(s) associated with your connection will be approved for authentication. If you select API Token, a new field will appear where you can select your API Token
- Select your Mechanism Type and Data Type
- Add any Tags you'd like to use for labeling and organizing your account
- Click "Add"
Step 3: Test It Out via the API Docs
- Visit the API Docs via the API DOCS link in the navigation menu or visiting the page directly (apidocs.telnyx.com)
- Select the "Data API" tab across the top to view the Telco Data endpoints
- If you're using API Token authentication, you'll need to input your API Token in the field at the top
- Select the endpoint you'd like to test and follow the documentation on the page to try it out
You're all set and can start leveraging Telco Data for your own applications.