This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide for configuring your 3CX phone system with Telnyx phone service using static IP authentication. If you don't have a static IP for your 3CX, you can still use your 3CX with Telnyx via username/password registration. You can check out our guide for 3CX username/password configuration here.
Here is the article for the New 3cx version for IP Authentication Here.
The first thing we need to do is get you setup on the portal.
CONFIGURING YOUR ACCOUNT ON TELNYX MISSION CONTROL PORTAL
The video below will walk you through the process. We've also outlined out the steps below.
Purchase a Number:
- Visit the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left-hand side
- Select the SEARCH NUMBERS tab
- Select your search type: (NPA-NXX, Region, Toll Free or Advanced)
- Input your search criteria and click SEARCH
- Results will display below
- Click "+ ADD TO CART" to select the number(s) you'd like to purchase
- Click on the Shopping Cart to view your selected numbers and check out
- Once purchased, your numbers will be visible on the "My Numbers" tab within the NUMBERS page
Set Up Your Connection:
- Visit the CONNECTIONS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Click the "ADD CONNECTION" button (located towards the top right corner)
- Input a name for the connection
- Select "IP Address" for your Authentication Method and input the IP Address of your 3CX instance.
- Click the "CREATE" button to finish creating your connection
Provision Your Number: (assign to a connection)
- Go back to the NUMBERS page via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Select the MY NUMBERS tab (you may have defaulted to this already)
- Click the "Select Connection" drop-down next to your number. You should see the connection you just created - select it.
- Your number is now all set on the portal
Create an Outbound Profile:
- Visit the OUTBOUND section via the navigation menu on the left hand side
- Click the "+ ADD OUTBOUND PROFILE" button (located towards the top right corner)
- Select the connection you created via the "Select Connection" drop-down
- Choose the "Traffic Type" and "Service Plan" that meets your needs.
- Click "ADD"
- You are now setup for outbound calling on the portal
You are now all set on the Mission Control portal side and are ready to configure your Telnyx trunk within your 3CX system
CONFIGURING YOUR 3CX
The video below will walk you through the process. We've also detailed out the steps below.
Confirm Your Network Settings:
- "Ports" Tab: make sure your "SIP Port" is set to 5060
- "Public IP" Tab: double check your Public IP is correct and that you have selected the proper Network card Interface
Create Telnyx SIP Trunk:
- Select "SIP Trunks" from the navigation menu on the left
- Click "+ Add Provider" near the top of the screen
- Input a name (e.g. Telnyx_IP_Trunk) and a country
- Select "Telnyx LLC" from the Provider drop-down list and click NextNot seeing Telnyx listed? No Problem!Select "Updates" from the navigation menu on the left (should be the last option at the bottom)Select "SIP Trunk Template Updates"Find the "Telnyx LLC" update from the list and select itClick "Download Selected" near the top of the screenYou should now see Telnyx in the provider list when creating a SIP Trunk
- All of the information will automatically be added for the "VOIP Provider Details" step and you can simply click Next.
- Add the following information for your "Account Details" and click NextExternal Number: [input the number you selected on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal]Authentication ID: [you can also use the number you selected on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal]Authentication Password: Leave Blank
- This will bring you to the step where you can determine how you would like to have incoming calls routedConfigure these as you'd like and click next
- We will now need to create an "Outbound Rule." If you are not familiar with doing so, you can use the following settings"Define to which outbound calls the rule must apply"Calls to numbers starting with prefix: 1Calls from extension(s): (leave blank)Calls to Numbers with a length of: (leave blank)Select Extension Group: (leave as is)Calls from extension group: (leave as is)"Configure up to 3 routes for calls. The second and third route will be used as backup. For each route, digits can be stripped or added.Strip 1 digit for all 3 routes
- Click Finish -- You should now see the newly created Trunk listed below
- Click on the trunk and select Edit Provider
- Select the "Options" tab and make the following changesFor "Require registration for:" select "Do not require"Remove the "GSM-FR" from Assigned CodecsClick "Apply"
- Select the "Outbound Parameters" tab and make the following changesFor "Contact : User Part" in the SIP Field column, select "Custom Field" To allow private calling - "From : Display Name" and "From : User Part", select "Custom Field" but leave the Custom values blank.Click "Apply"
- Select the "DID" tab and make the following changesInput the number you purchased on the Mission Control portal and click "Add"Click "Apply" and then "OK"
- You should be all set.
Go ahead and make some test calls
Be sure to test inbound to the number you purchased via Mission Control